The Breathitt Area Technology Center is located in Jackson, Kentucky and serves students from all high schools in Breathitt County. Our staff is committed to providing students with the resources and opportunities to become accomplished learners and workers. It is our belief that a student’s attitude, attendance, and dedication to learning new information are essential to achieving educational goals.
The skills learned by students at the Breathitt County Area Technology Center will continue to be valuable assets throughout their lives. We encourage all students to take advantage of the opportunity to attend our facility. We welcome all calls and visits concerning our programs and the faculty and staff are always available to assist the students and members of the community.
What We Believe
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students learn best when our staff maintains high expectations for learning.
- Students are motivated to learn when classroom instruction is related to real-world applications.
- All students in our school need to have an equal opportunity to learn.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Students learn best when instruction incorporates both academic and technical skills.
- Effective school leaders engage in practices that support the ongoing improvement of teaching and student performance.
- Teachers, administrators, parents and the community share the responsibility for helping students learn.
Students, their families, employees and potential employees of the Breathitt County Area Technology Center are hereby notified that the Breathitt County Area Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sex or disability in employment, vocational programs, or activities as set forth in compliance with federal and state statutes and regulations.
The Breathitt County Area Technology Center system offers the following career and technical education programs for all students regardless of race, color, national origin, including those with limited English proficiency, sex or disability in grades 9-12.
Persons seeking further information concerning the career and technical education offerings and specific pre-requisite criteria should contact:
Joseph Mayabb – Principal
2303 Bobcat Lane
Jackson, KY 41339
TITLE VI, TITLE VII, TITLE IX, AND SECTION 504 AND ADA
The Breathitt County Area Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, marital status or religion in admission to vocational programs, activities and employment practices in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (revised 1992), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and shall provide, upon request by qualified disabled individual, reasonable accommodations including auxiliary aids and service necessary to afford individuals with a disability an equal opportunity to participate. For more information, contact Jerry Smith, EEO Coordinator, 2303 Bobcat Lane, Jackson, KY 41339 or (606) 666-5153.