The vision of Kentucky Automotive Technology Education is to promote safety standards and performance standards, enhance leadership, provide relevant curriculum, and to be vital to the education of all students.
Kentucky Automotive Technology Education will:
- Operate as the center for nationally recognized industry standard training.
- Provide a critical link in school to employment or postsecondary education.
- Develop stronger relationships with the community in terms of mutual advocacy, cooperative field experiences, employment placement, and support for relevant student organizations and competitions
- Represent an important component in the education of all students.
- Require and promote critical thinking and problem solving.
- Offer an up to date curriculum based on standards that adapts to changes in the industry.
- Integrate academic skills into the Automotive Technology Education Curriculum in order to insure that students develop written & verbal communications skills, computational skills, and scientific/math problem-solving skills.
Career Pathways Offered
- Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Technician: A program that prepares individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to repair, service, and maintain all types of automobiles. Includes instruction in brake systems, electrical systems, engine performance, engine repair, suspension and steering, automatic and manual transmissions and drive trains, and heating and air condition systems.
In order for a student to complete this pathway they must complete the following courses:
- Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Section A and Lab
- Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Section B and Lab
- Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Section C and Lab
- Automotive Maintenance and Light Repair Section D and Lab
To see the complete Automotive Technology program of studies and course descriptions for the 2015-2016 school year click here.
If you have any questions or comments about the pathways or courses offered, email Burlie Adams at the Breathitt County ATC.