The vision of Kentucky Business Education is to promote business professional development, enhance leadership, provide relevant curriculum, and to be vital to the education of all students.
Kentucky Business Education will:
- operate as the center for industry standard desktop and communications technology in schools.
- provide a critical link in school to employment or postsecondary education.
- develop stronger relationships with the business community in terms of mutual advocacy, cooperative field experiences, employment placement, and support for FBLA and/or DECA experiences.
- represent a necessary component in the education of all students.
- require and promote critical thinking and problem solving.
- offer a flexible curriculum based on standards that adapts to change.
- integrate academic skills into the business education curriculum in order to insure that students develop excellent written & verbal communications skills, computational skills, and scientific problem-solving skills.
Participation in FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America, provides a vehicle for students to employ higher order thinking skills, to interact with high-level business people and to further enhance their leadership skill through their participation in regional, state and national competitive events and local activities.
Career Pathways Offered
- Business Multimedia: A program that prepares individuals to function in an organization as a composer, editor and proofreader of business or business-related communications.
In order for a student to complete this pathway they must:
Complete 2-4 credits from the following
- Digital Literacy
- Multimedia Publishing
- Web Page Design
- Advanced Multimedia Publishing
And Choose 1-2 Credits from the following
- Business Communications
- Promotional Applications & Media (Marketing)
- Advanced Computer Applications
- Business Education Co-Op
To see the complete Business Education program of studies and course descriptions for the 2015-2016 school year click here.